Thursday, November 30, 2006

NY Giants Vs. Y.M. Helfgot

A few weeks ago, a customer of mine offered me and a co-worker Giants tickets for this Sundays game. My co-worker jumped at the offer. After checking the calendar I realized that I already had tickets for the Helfgot concert at the Met which will be taking place the same day. So, Giants vs. Helfgot, who shall it be?

If these were Yankee tickets and it was a huge game, I would probably go to the Yankee game. But the fact of the matter is, I am not much of a football fan. I would go to the game if I didn't have anything else to do, but not when it means missing the Helfgot concert. No way.

Problem is, I was planning on attending the concert with my brother. (My wife was not interested. Chazanus, it seems is a male thing.) When my brother heard that I had a ticket to a Giants game that I would not be using, well lemme just say, he's going to the Giants game.

So that leaves me with an extra ticket for the Helfgot concert. No big deal I figured. I have a few other brothers. Surely one of them would want to go to the concert. So I called brother number one.

Me: Hey bro, whats going on?

Bro #1: Not much.

Me: Any plans for Sunday?

Bro #1: You bet.

Me: Well I'm sure that will change after I tell you that I have a ticket for you for the Helfgot concert.

Bro #1: No chance.

Me: Why not. Whats going on?

Bro #1: Are you nuts? There is a HUGE Giants game this Sunday.

Oh well, no big deal. On to Bro #2.

Me: Hey bro, whats going on?

Bro #2: Not much.

Me: Any plans for Sunday?

Bro #2: You bet.

Me: Well I'm sure that will change after I tell you that I have a ticket for you for the Helfgot concert.

Bro #2: No chance.

Me: Why not. Whats going on?

Bro #2: Are you nuts? There is a HUGE Giants game this Sunday.

I tried a few friends. Friend #1 "Who's Helfgot?" Friend #2 "Give me a call back when I'm sixty".

So that leaves me with an extra ticket to a sold out concert.