Thursday, September 07, 2006

Meat, Money and Musser

This post is about the monsey meat scandal. If you don't know what I'm talking about click here.

When all the feathers settle and it's determined where the chickens came from and how they were disguised and who should have known and who dropped the ball, there is one question that I hope will be answered. It has been on my mind since the story broke.

What could possibly be going on in someone's life to cause him to do this?

Now before you jump on me and say that I'm excusing him, let me state as loudly and as clearly as I can: WHAT THIS PERSON DID IS 1000% WRONG AND NOTHING (short of someone holding a gun to his head) COULD JUSTIFY IT. But I find it hard to imagine that the only motivation here was pure greed. How desperate a situation must this person have been in to somehow justify doing what he did. And how blind we must be to those around us to not see their desperation.