Wednesday, June 28, 2006

There's no difference

So they murdered him.

Bastards.

Who knows what the next few days or hours will bring.
It really makes the normal Jblog-type kvetching seem so trivial.

I had a few hours worth of work to do last night. I went to the office about 10:00 pm, sat down at my desk, turned on the screen and I saw the news about Eliyahu Asheri, HY"D. I couldn't work, I'll have to do it later today sometime. I was just too upset. This entire kidnapping saga, not just his, but all of them touched me very deeply. I can't imagine what his final hours must have been like. I don't want to.

Then I saw the news report that "militants" (how I hate that term) claim to have fired a chemical tipped rocket into Israel. I wanted to immediately board a plane and enlist in the IDF, if they'd have me.

Driving home from the office I was reflecting on why I felt such a strong urge to go there and join up. They certainly don't need me. I'd probably do more harm than good. I decided that my feelings were more selfish than anything else. I want to feel good that I'm doing my part to help, even if I'm not actually helping.

That leaves me with what my first thought should've been upon hearing the news. Prayer. It'll certainly do much more good than anything else I can do. Let's not stop saying Tehillim for him, let's pray for his family to have the strength to withstand this tragedy, let's pray for OUR family. We are one and the same. It doesn't matter what we call our Kippa, Yarmulka or koppel. It doesn't even matter of you don't call it anything at all. Let's pull together, let's pray together.

May he be a Meilitz Yosher for all of Klal Yisroel.

May he be a Meilitz Yosher for his family.

There's no difference.

T.N.TZ.B.H.