Friday, June 30, 2006

60

The picture in my mind of my family always includes my grandparents. They were always there and I guess I think they always will be. Sort of the same way that picture never includes my other grandfather who passed away before I was born.

I don’t speak to my grandparents nearly as much as I should. The real shame of that is that my grandfather is someone with whom I can discuss almost any intellectual topic, be it any part of Torah or lihavdil, science, literature, philosophy or just life. When we are together for Shabbos or at a Simcha I usually spend a decent amount of time talking to them but I don’t pick up the phone to talk to them as often as I should.

There are just some of my thoughts as my grandparents prepare to celebrate their sixtieth wedding anniversary this Sunday, Iy”h.

May we all be zocheh to celebrate the seventieth.