Friday, July 14, 2006

שַׁאֲלו שְׁלוֹם יְרוּשָׁלָים

Yesterday evening, between mincha and maariv we said tehillim for the people of Israel. I found myself thinking about what exactly I am praying for. Obviously number one is the safety of all our brothers and sisters in Israel, but what surprised my the most was the realization that for the first time ever instead of asking G-d to have mercy on His children and send Olmert and Peretz packing, I was asking Him to give Olmert and Peretz the wisdom to make the correct decisions and to give the IDF the abilities to implement those decisions.

These are the guys in charge like it or not, pray for them.

Where ever you might be, for the best coverage of the latest events in Israel and to get a little bit of the emotional experience, turn to Jameel.